My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The World of Music - helping a Cambodian boy

I know the title of this post is a little cliched, but my Dad's boss is looking for questions for a trivia night which involve today's music. I was a little hard-pressed because I don't always keep up with modern music (which is to say, anything released in this decade). Still, I found Delta Goodrem (local singer), Missy Higgins (local singer), Avril Lavigne and Alanis Morisette. I think kids of today would know of and relate to Alanis Morisette .

Do you know anyone who's been in the top 10 recently? (Yes, Brenda, setting a bad example!) Especially in the areas of rap and hip-hop and other genres that my ears rarely listen to? Especially songs with lyrics! I could always go to Wikipedia and look up the top 10 and 20 in various musical territories. Thank you very much! It would be greatly appreciated.

11 Comments:

Anonymous jessica said...

cool site.oh thanks for that thank you post.thanks

January 19, 2006 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Fawn said...

I love you'r site! It is so cool! I also like Avril Lavigne! She is really cool. Thanks for the comment. Hope you leave more! Peace and love for you and you'r family!

January 19, 2006 9:50 PM  
Anonymous jessica said...

your so cool thanks for being thhere for me because I was sad when my friend's grandma died she hasntbbeen sleepping.cool page I love it.oh thanks for the comment.im so bored from school.you inspire me.oh yeah if you get into any trouble with boys ask me .im a boys advisor lol..

January 19, 2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger Bronwyn G said...

Jessica and Fawn,

I do appreciate the good wishes on behalf of me and my family.

I hope this shows that school need not always be boring. It can in fact be a great source of enrichment.

Thank you for your advice, Jessica. I shall take it. As I live with my father and one of my uncles, I should think I knew all about men. But I am complacent.

January 19, 2006 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Fawn said...

Not to sound rude or anything, but it was my grandma who died. This is Fawn. Thanks for you'r kind words!

January 19, 2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Fawn said...

This is Fawn. Thanks for the comment!

January 20, 2006 2:13 AM  
Anonymous Fawn said...

This is Fawn. I still love you'r site. I forgot to tell you... if you want to post a comment on my site... the answer is Bowling For Soup(nothing after the p o.k?)

February 07, 2006 9:26 PM  
Anonymous jessica said...

cool you added for things.Thanks for commenting to my teachers and to my classmates.Your so kind.Oh and by the way Im sorry I havent been commenting because Im like super busy.sorry.I even missed my friend's b-day. :( sorry yall

February 07, 2006 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Phoebe said...

Hello Browyn G. I don't understand the title . What does The World of Music- helping a Cambodian boy?

February 09, 2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger pansophia said...

Completely off topic - I wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on the Breaking Ranks blog and apologize for the delay in comment approval. There are several people working on it, and there was some confusion about who was handling the comments. Everything is all worked out now thanks to your comment. :-)

February 13, 2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger Jo McLeay said...

Dear Bronwyn,
You have such a marvellous way of commenting on students' blogs. I do appreciate the time you have taken with your thoughts on Fly Away Home. I can't wait to hear what the students think about the comments. They will be not be having classes for the next week so we will have to wait till they come back. Thank you so much.
Jo

February 16, 2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home