My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dear School District

I have deleted my Blogthings meme which I placed on my blog earlier.

I realise the site has things which are not suitable for children and students, and I was exceedingly remiss in placing it there where your students could see it.

Thank you for letting Mr Brune know. He is a professional man and I am sure he would not want his students exposed to anything untoward in their blogging adventures.

We have had a good commenting relationship since December 22 2005, and I do not wish to spoil it through carelessness or worse. He has had to bend some rules to allow me to comment, and I greatly appreciate his flexibility.

I hope this blog is once more school-safe for the children of New York and their parents, and I will continue to make every effort to do so

Thank you,

Bronwyn G.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rolly Maiquez said...

Dear BronwynG:

Hello -- this is Rolly Maiquez -- technoloy teacher of the students on whose blogs you posted helpful comments. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. I'm quite sure they would be pleasantly surprised by this gesture. I don't know how you found their blogs -- nonetheless, I'm glad you did find them. Your positive comments were exactly the kind of writing we were discussing in our class.

As you may have surmised, we are just taking a peek inside the world of blogs in education at this point. I myself am quite new to blogs and I am learning as my students learn along the way.

Through the guidance and openness of experienced bloggers, I hope we all find this a rich and rewarding educational experience.

I hope you get to visit my students' blogs from time to time and leave comments as you wish. The blog I'm maintaining for this particular class and activity can be found at: http://stjohns.edublogs.org/

This blog has a listing of all the other blogs in the class. Thanks again -- and please feel free to leave suggestions for our class -- on how we can best use blogs and learn the most from our blogging activities.

Cheers!

-Rolly Maiquez-

January 19, 2006 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home